The 34.5 km KESAS Expressway, Lebuhraya Shah Alam, or Shah Alam Expressway, is part of a comprehensive network of road links in the Klang Valley that connects from Pandamaran in Klang, Selangor to Sri Petaling in Kuala Lumpur.
This expressway is part of the Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2) Scheme (Sunway Interchange – Sri Petaling Interchange).
Overview of Lebuhraya Shah Alam (KESAS):
The Expressway starts at kilometre 18 near Pandamaran Interchange in Klang, Selangor.
|EXIT 502-Pandamaran Interchange – North Port/Klang Town in the North, West Port, Pulau Indah in the West.|
|EXIT 503-Bandar Puteri Interchange – Bandar Puteri.|
|EXIT 504-Kebun Interchange – Klang Town and Jalan Kebun in the North.|
|EXIT 505-Bukit Rimau Interchange – Bukit Rimau|
|EXIT 507-Hicom Interchange – Shah Alam in the North; HICOM, Puchong, Putrajaya and Cyberjaya in the South.|
|EXIT 508-Seafield Interchange – KLIA through ELITE and North South Expressway.|
|EXIT 510-Kewajipan Interchange – Subang Jaya in the North and USJ in the South.|
|EXIT 511-Sunway Interchange – Damansara in the North; Puchong, Putrajaya and Cyberjaya in the South.|
|EXIT 512-Kinrara Interchange – Bandar Kinrara, Army Camp, Old Klang Road, Bandar Puchong Jaya in the West.|
|EXIT 513-Awan Besar Interchange – Old Klang Road, OUG in the East, Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Club in the West.|
|EXIT 514-Awan Kecil Interchange – Sri Petaling, Old Klang Road in the East, Technology Park, National Stadium Bukit Jalil and LRT in the West.|
|EXIT 515-Sukom Interchange – Commonwealth Games Village, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, OUG and Old Klang Road.|
|EXIT 516-Sri Petaling Interchange – MRR2 leads to Bandar Melawati and Karak Highway in the East; KL City Centre in the North; Seremban, Johor and Singapore in the South.|
The Lebuhraya Shah Alam is a viable alternative to the congested Federal Highway, and a motorist on the expressway can practically travel to any part of the Klang Valley as it connects to a wide range of highway networks.
The connected highway networks include:
- Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP)
- North-South Expressway Central Link (ELITE)
- North-South Expressway (PLUS)
- Maju Expressway (MEX)
- New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE)
- Kemuning – Shah Alam Highway (LKSA)
- Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway (KLK)
Given its high accessibility in connectivity, the Lebuhraya Shah Alam is a popular travelling mode and over one million motorists ply the route on a daily basis, of which 66% are using the toll-free stretch.
Construction of the expressway began on 1994. Phase 1 (Seafield-Sri Petaling) was completed in 1996 and Phase 2 (Seafield-Pandamaran) was completed in 1998.
Facilities & Services
- Variable Message Sign – Variable Message Sign of amber coloured LEDS provide the operator the means of informing the expressway users of any traffic advice or informative messages relayed from the Traffic Control Centre.
- KESAS Ronda – KESAS Ronda team patrols the expressway 24 hours a day to assist road users along the expressway. The service provided by the KESAS Ronda is free of charge.
- Emergency Telephone System – A set of Emergency Telephone is installed every 1.5 km on each bound of the Expressway.
- Traffic Control Centre – The Traffic Control Centre is manned 24 hours a day by trained traffic controllers to monitor traffic situation on the highway through the CCTVs, receive information from road users through the Emergency telephone or KESAS hotline, deliver messages to road users through Variable Message Sign.
KESAS uses an open toll system and there are four toll plazas located along the Expressway.
|1||Awan Besar East Toll Plaza||At KM 47.7, Coordinates (3.058708,101.664889)|
|2||Awan Besar West Toll Plaza||At KM 49.2, Coordinates (3.063580,101.679266)|
|3||Sunway Toll Plaza||At KM 40.5, Coordinates (3.058708,101.608303)|
|4||Sungai Kemuning Toll Plaza||At KM 27.2, Coordinates (2.997334,101.522089)|
|Class 0 – Motocycles, bicycles or vehicles with 2 or less wheels .||Free|
|Class 1 – Vehicles with 2 axles and 3 or 4 wheels excluding taxis||2.00|
|Class 2 – Vehicles with 2 axles and 5 or 6 wheels excluding buses||3.00|
|Class 3 – Vehicles with 3 or more axles||4.00|
|Class 4 – Taxis||1.00|
|Class 5 – Buses||1.50|
|Lebuhraya Shah Alam (KESAS)|
|Length||34.5 km (21.4 mi)|
|Existed||1994 – present|
|History||Completed in 1997|
|West End||Pandamaran, Klang, Selangor|
|Pulau Indah Expressway|
|West Coast Expressway|
|Kemuning – Shah Alam Highway (LKSA)|
|Shah Alam-Puchong Highway|
|North-South Expressway Central Link (ELITE)|
|Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP)|
|Maju Expressway (MEX)|
|Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway|
|Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2)|
|East end||Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur|
Contact KESAS Management
|Kesas Sdn. Bhd|
|Address||Wisma Kesas, No.1 Lebuh Raya Shah Alam, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia|
|Telephone||+03 – 8025 0808|
|Hotline||+03 – 5633 7188|
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: