The 35km New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE) refers to a stretch of the North-South Expressway (PLUS) in Peninsular Malaysia which starts from Bukit Raja near Klang town, and ends at Jalan Duta in Kuala Lumpur.
The Kilometre Zero starts at Bukit Raja Toll Plaza at Bukit Raja near Klang. The speed limit on the expressway are 110 km/h on Bukit Raja-Bukit Lanjan stretch and 90 km/h on Bukit Lanjan-Jalan Duta stretch.
The NKVE Expressway is the second link to Kuala Lumpur from Klang after Federal Highway. It has no rest and service areas but there are many petrol station laybys along the highway.
Other features of this highway includes traffic CCTVs and VMS. Many viaducts along this expressway including Penchala, Bukit Lanjan and Segambut viaducts.
Persada PLUS is the main headquarters of the PLUS Expressways located at Subang Interchange. The expressways also includes spectacular sceneries of Mont Kiara and Kuala Lumpur skyline.
Construction began in 1988, with the first section of the NKVE between Bukit Raja and Damansara opened to traffic on 7 December 1990.
The fully completed NKVE spanning between Bukit Raja and Jalan Duta was officially opened by the fourth Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad at Jalan Duta toll plaza on 11 January 1993.
The NKVE is a 35-kilometre expressway running between Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Duta) and the New Klang industrial and urban area (Bukit Raja). The NKVE is a heavily-utilised route for residents in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Subang, Damansara, Sungai Buloh and Klang.
Check Toll Rates
Facilities & Services
- PLUSRonda – Fronting the Expressway’s operations, the PLUSRonda personnel check Emergency Telephones, fence lines and other roadside furniture on a regular basis, ensuring the timely repair of all damages.
- PLUSLine 1800 88 0000 – Through this 24-hour customer care line, users can receive the latest traffic updates, lodge a feed and request for PLUSRonda assistance on the PLUS expressways.
- Traffic Monitoring Centre (TMC) – Manages the 1800 88 0000 (PLUSLine) and Emergency Telephones, monitors movements and operations of PLUSRonda vehicles, manages the Intelligent Transport System (ITS) equipment such as Variable Message Sign (VMS), Automatic Vehicle Detection System (AVDS), Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and Global Positioning System (GPS), disseminates traffic information to users through radio stations, electronic message boards (VMS), the PLUSLine and the PLUSTrafik Twitter service.
- Customer Service Centres – At various locations to provide customers with best services when using our expressways.
- Rest and Service Areas
- Overhead Bridge Restaurants
- Vista Points
- Petrol stations
|North Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE)|
|Length||35 km (22 mi)|
|Existed||1998 – present|
|History||Completed in 1993|
|West End||Bukit Raja, Selangor|
|New / North Klang Straits Bypass|
|Setia Alam Highway|
|Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE)|
|Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport|
|North-South Expressway Central Link (ELITE)|
|Duta Ulu-Kelang Expressway (DUKE)|
|Sprint Expressway, Damansara Link and Kerinchi Link|
|North-South Expressway (PLUS) Northern Route|
|Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim (Jalan Duta)|
|East end||Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur|
Contact NKVE Management
|PLUS Malaysia Berhad|
|Address||Menara Korporat, Persada PLUS, Persimpangan Bertingkat Subang, KM15, Lebuhraya Baru Lembah Klang, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
|Telephone||+603 7801 6666, +603 7666 4666|
|Hotline||1800 88 0000|