Kuching International Airport (KIA) is located 11km south of the city of Kuching.
It is the gateway to the state of Sarawak, Brunei and Sabah. It can accommodate the Airbus A380 and Boeing 747 aircrafts.
The Kuching Airport is capable of handling 5 million passengers annually, making it the fourth busiest airport in Malaysia after KLIA, Kota Kinabalu International Airport and Penang International Airport.
Topics of Interest
This Airport is the secondary hub for Malaysia Airlines and has been growing rapidly to tackle the demand of the travellers in the East Malaysia region.
It is also an airbase for the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
It has a variety of retail and duty-free outlets, cafes and restaurants, as well as premium passenger lounges for your travelling convenience and comfort.
|Kuching International Airport (KCH)
|Kuching International Airport
93722 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
|+608 245 4242
|Latitude / Longitude
|01°29'04.91" N / 110°20'48.96" E
|+8:00 hours from UTC/GMT
|View Kuching International Airport on Google Map
Other airlines using the airport include AirAsia, MASwings, Malindo Air, Silk Air, and XpressAir.
The airport underwent a major facelift, with the terminal completed in 2006 and the runway and taxiway extension fully completed in 2008.
The renovation increased terminal building floor space to 46,000 square metres and was completed 15 months ahead of schedule.
The completed works involved above ground-level (AGL) earthworks and pavement upgrades, extension of the runway length to 3780 metres, widening of shoulders to 60 metres, extension of parallel taxiway to a full parallel taxiway with interconnection/rapid exit taxiways including widening of taxiway fillets and shoulders to 30 metres.
No city buses are available at the Kuching International Airport. The nearest bus station which is Kuching Sentral Bus Terminal, is located 2km away.
Kuching Sentral or Kuching Bus Terminal is East Malaysia’s first air-conditioned and fully-integrated 3-storey regional bus terminal. It has been servicing passengers in Sarawak and West Kalimantan since early 2012.
Kuching Sentral is strategically located in the south of Kuching city and it is about 2km away from the Kuching International Airport and 20 minutes away from Kuching City Centre.
For taxi services, taxi coupon ticket can be bought at the Taxi Coupon Counter located at the arrivals level. One way taxi fare from the airport is fixed, RM26 for the farthest destination.
Facilities and services
- Information and Customer Service Counter: Managed by professional Customer Service Assistants for Enquiries, Lost & Found items, Sales of Souvenirs, Public announcement messages
- Immigration and Customs Department: Screening process for both inbound and outbound passenger
- Connectivity Services : Various means of transportation services available
- Telephones: Available for IDD and STD calls. Phone cards and prepaid Talk-time can be obtained at nearby retail outlets
- Foreign Exchange & ATM: ATM machines from Maybank, CIMB, AmBank, RHB, Bank Islam. Maybank Bureau de Change & Bank Islam Bureau de Change
- Nursery / Diaper Change room: Added convenience to facilitate diaper change for babies
- Facilities for the Disabled: Prior arrangement can be made for assistance on wheelchairs and direction to special restrooms
- Flight Information Display System: Regular updates on flight and travel related information
- Prayer Rooms: For Muslim passengers/visitors
- Security Systems: Screening of passengers, cargo, luggage & staff. Equipped with CCTV and security guard patrols
- Food & Drinks: The airport hosts a variety of F&B outlets, convenience stores and retail outlets
- Internet Access: Free WiFi is available at Kuching Airport in the lounges
There are ample parking spaces provided at Kuching International Airport.
The following is a list of popular airports in Malaysia with scheduled passenger service on commercial airlines.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: