The Senai International Airport, formerly known as Sultan Ismail International Airport, is an airport located in the town of Senai near Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
The Senai International Airport is able to handle up to 4.5 million passengers and 100,000 tonnes of cargo per annum.
Today, this airport is managed by Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn Bhd (SATS). There are future plans to increase the capacity of the airport to 10 million passengers.
Topics of Interest
- How to go – bus services & taxi services
- Facilities & services
- Parking facilities
- Pictures of Senai International Airport
- Check flight status – arrivals & departures
Opened in 1974, Senai International Airport serves the state of Johor as well as people from the southern states of Peninsular Malaysia.
|Senai International Airport (JHB)|
|Address||Senai International Airport (JHB)
Jalan Lapangan Terbang
Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Senai
81000 Senai, Johor, Malaysia
|Telephone||+607 599 4500|
|Time Zone||+8:00 hours from UTC/GMT|
|View Senai International Airport on Google Map|
|Check JHB Flight Status|
Senai International Airport is the hub of AirAsia and used to serve as a domestic hub of Malaysia Airlines until the rationalisation of its domestic routes to cut the company’s losses.
In 2014, Senai International Airport handled a total of 2.3 million passengers and 4.9 million kg of freight with a combination of 42,976 schedule and non-schedule commercial aircraft movements.
How to go to Senai Airport
The following are some of the transportation options to go to the Senai Airport:
- To / From Johor Bahru City: From Senai Airport, board the Airport Shuttle Bus (Causeway Link white bus) to JB Sentral or Causeway Link bus No. 333 to Larkin Bus Terminal (vice versa). Travelling time will take about 45 minutes in good traffic. Read more about Airport Shuttle Bus.
- To / From Singapore: There is currently no direct bus operation from Senai Airport to Singapore.
Alternatively, you may take the Causeway Link Airport shuttle bus from Senai Airport and transit at JB Sentral, Johor Bahru before proceeding using Causeway Link Singapore Bus Service, SBS Transit Bus, SMRT Bus, or Transtar Cross Border service to Singapore (vice versa).
Taxi services are available at the Senai International Airport at the taxi lane in front of the main entrance of Aeromall.
|From Senai Airport||
Proceed to the taxi counters located at the Ground Floor, Aeromall upon your arrival for taxi fares and booking:
Airport Taxi (Coupon Taxi)
Contact: +607 599 1622
|To Senai Airport||You may hop on almost any taxi service providers to get to Senai Airport.|
Services & Facilities at Senai Airport
The Senai International Airport accommodates a comprehensive list of facilities and services for the passengers’ convenience.
- Information and Customer Service Counter: Managed by professional Customer Service Assistants for Enquiries, Lost & Found items, Sales of Souvenirs, Public announcement messages
- Flight Information Display System: Regular updates on flight and travel related information
- Immigration and Customs Department: Screening process for both inbound and outbound passenger
- Postal Services : Operating hours Monday to Saturday (0830am to 1630pm). Closed every first week Saturday of the month
- Connectivity Services : Various means of transportation services available.
- Police Station : The Police Station is manned 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Telephones: Available for IDD and STD calls. Phone cards and prepaid Talk-time can be obtained at nearby retail outlets
- Foreign Exchange & ATM: ATM machines from Maybank, CIMB, AmBank, RHB, Bank Islam. Maybank Bureau de Change & Bank Islam Bureau de Change
- Nursery / Diaper Change room: Added convenience to facilitate diaper change for babies
- Facilities for the Disabled: Prior arrangement can be made for assistance on wheelchairs and direction to special restrooms
- Prayer Rooms: For Muslim passengers / visitors
- Security Systems: Screening of passengers, cargo, luggage & staff. Equipped with CCTV and security guard patrols
- Open & Covered Car Parks: 2 car parks, each with capacity of 400 parking bays
- Locker Service: Locker service charge applied on per usage basis
Parking Facilities at Senai Airport
For those who prefer to drive to the airport, Senai International Airport provides over 800 parking bays.
There are 2 car parks, each with capacity of 400 parking bays located near the Airport. Ample space of parking bays ensure convenient and ease-of-mind for passenger to park their car at the dedicated airport parking area.
The 2 car parks are Open Car Park A located in front of Terminal Building and Covered Car Park B located to the right of Departure Hall entrance.
|Open Car Park|
|1st hour – RM1.00|
|Every subsequent hour is RM2.00|
|Lost ticket per day: RM100.00|
Alternatively, you can choose to park your vehicle at the Aeromall Basement carpark with the following rate:
|Aeromall Basement Carpark|
|1st hour – RM3.00|
|Every subsequent hour is RM2.00|