14 March 2018
Travellers departing from klia2 will be able to use the newly-installed Self-Bag Drop (SBD) facilities beginning 15 March, 2018.
Passengers at Kuala Lumpur International Airport's (KLIA) second terminal, klia2, are expected to have a better and a seamless travelling experience, especially in terms of avoiding long queues at airports.
"Beginning 15 March 2018, you can breeze through the check-in process faster at the SBD counters that will allow you to tag and drop off your bags within 30 seconds," Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad announced in a Facebook post on 9 March.
MAHB revealed earlier this year that the SBD facility at klia2 features the Scan&Fly system by SITA, the world's leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology
According to MAHB Managing Director Datuk Badlisham Ghazali, the baggage drop queue time could be cut to half thanks to this new facility.
In a statement issued in January, Badlisham said that baggage drop queue time is only at one minute per passenger with this system. Previously, a passenger would need to wait about 2.5 minutes.
Passengers can utilise the facility in just a few simple steps:
- Check-in and print your boarding pass and bag tag at the kiosk provided.
- Attach the bag tag accordingly, then proceed to the assigned self-baggage drop check-in counter.
- Place your bag on the belt.
- Scan your boarding pass with the hand scanner.
- Verify that no prohibited items are carried.
- Scan your bag tag with the hand scanner.
Watch this educational guide by AirAsia on the self-baggage drop process:
Original Source: says.com