23 May 2023
The immigration allows foreign travellers from Singapore, Australia, and South Korea, among others to use the facilities.
One perk about travelling as a Malaysian is getting to use the autogate system at our airports without needing to queue.
Now, international travellers from several countries can also enjoy this perk.
The Malaysian Immigration Department (JIM) announced that travellers from Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Brunei, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, the US, and the UK are recommended to use Malaysia’s autogates at KLIA and klia2 (may soon be renamed to KLIA Terminal 1 and KLIA Terminal 2).
Here’s how it works
For first-time arrivals:
1. Register for the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) three days before arrival
2. Proceed to the Immigration Manual Counter to enrol and verify your passport
3. Travellers are then eligible to use Malaysia’s autogates during departure
Frequent travellers can also do the same by registering for the MDAC three days before arrival and proceeding to the autogates on their next arrival.
To register for the MDAC, just head here.
This only applies to short-term social visit pass holders, which is given to foreign visitors upon arrival for the following purposes:
- Social visit
- Visiting relatives
- Journalism / Reporting
- Meeting / Conference
- Business Discussion
- Factory Inspection
- Auditing Company Accounts
- Signing Agreement
- Carrying out a survey on investment opportunities/setting up factory
- Attending Seminars
- Students on goodwill missions or taking examinations at a university
- Taking part in sports competitions
- Other activities approved by the Director General of Immigration
You can find out more information on the short-term social visit pass here.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: