1 June 2021
The current nationwide lockdown 3.0 – enforced between 1st-14th June 2021 – will see increased enforcement of travel restrictions for inter-district and inter-state travel as well as further restrictions on where you can and cannot go.
The additional restrictions will be supported by an increased number of (up to 800) roadblocks and additional enforcement manpower set up at strategic locations to facilitate the movement of essential goods and services whilst curbing unnecessary travel by members of the public.
In addition to driving your own car, restrictions have also been put in place for public transport services. Whilst public transport services are allowed to operate, they have to observe strict SOPs and operate at 50 percent of total seating capacity. Here’s a shortlist:
- E-Hailing Service and Taxis: Maximum 2 occupants per car, passenger to be seated at the back (maximum of three passengers allowed for medical/emergency reasons)
- Car rental services allowed to operate
- LRT, MRT and Monorail allowed: Operating hours 6.00 AM to 12.00 AM currently but operating hours could be revised. Download the ‘PULSE’ App to plan your journey.
- Bus services – stage bus, express bus, chartered bus, tour bus, mini bus, shuttle bus, airport shuttle and workers’ bus allowed.
- KTMB passenger rail services: 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM (ETS, Intercity and Commuter) – ERT Timuran and Shuttle Tebrau closed. Staggered ‘Intercity’ operational hours.
- ERL (KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit) – Operating hours 6:00 AM to 10:10 PM daily.
- Courier operations and parcel-hailing services (such as Lalamove) allowed to operate.
The current lockdown will be enforced over three phases, gradually reopening sectors if the current measures are successful in managing and reducing the severity of the pandemic:
- Phase 1 (June 1st – June 14th): Total lockdown on all economic sectors except essential services as listed by the National Security Council (NSC).
- Phase 2 (4 Weeks post Phase 1): Gradual reopening of sectors that do not include large gatherings, in compliance with social distancing SOPs.
- Phase 3 (MCO as previously enforced): Reopening of most economic sectors with strict SOPs, limited workplace presence.
As with travelling in your own car, all members of the public are limited to 10km from the point of residence except in cases of work in essential sectors as deemed by the government. Members of the public are advised to always have your work/travel permits on hand for inspection and to return home by 8.00 PM.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: