19 November 2021
Travellers from Singapore must travel on VTL-designated services between Changi Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) will commence with six services which will operate once daily.
Under the VTL, travellers from Singapore must travel on VTL-designated services between Changi Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). The VTL will commence with six services which will operate once daily each by the following airlines:
- Jetstar Asia
- Malaysia Airlines
- Malindo Air
- Singapore Airlines
The Ministry has highlighted that travellers would not need to apply for travel to Malaysia under the VTL, since the entry facilities will be processed upon arrival. ln this regard, VTL travellers are also not required to apply for a MyTravelPass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia (JIM).
All travellers from Singapore must comply with the following VTL requirements for entry into Malaysia, outlined by JIM:
- Travellers must have completed a full regimen of a COVID-19 vaccine recognised by the Ministry of Health of Malaysia (KKM). Children aged below 12 years will qualify for travel under the VTL without the need to show proof of vaccination but they must be accompanied by a traveller who meets all the requirements for entry into Malaysia.
- Travellers must remain in Singapore and/or Malaysia in the last 14 consecutive days before departing for Malaysia.
- A pre-departure or on-arrival RT-PCR negative test result can be accepted for one or more flights. as long as the test had been taken within two days before departure for Malaysia. This is to allow flexibility for travellers who intend to make daily or frequent trips to Malaysia.
- Travellers must download and register their profile on the MySejahtera app to aid contact tracing.
- Short-term visitors, including business and official travellers, must obtain a valid visa for visa-required visitors. They must also purchase a return ticket and travel insurance with a minimum coverage of RM100,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs.
In that vein, the Ministry and JIM have detailed a step-by-step guide to note — from pre-departure, to the stay in Malaysia:
- Remain in Singapore and/or Malaysia in the last 14 consecutive days.
- Be fully vaccinated with the full regiment of A COVID-19 vaccine recognised by KKM.
- Book a designated VTL flight, on the respective airlines’ website.
- Register and make payment for an on-arrival COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
- Take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test within two days before departure.
- Download and register MySejahtera.
- For short-term visitors – apply for a visa if required, book a return ticket, and purchase COVID-19 travel insurance with minimum coverage of RM100,000.
Present the following at check-in:
- Travel document
- A valid vaccination certificate (physical or electronic)
- A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate
- MySejahtera app with registered profile
Short-term visitors must present:
- A visa if required
- Return ticket
- Proof of purchase of COVID-19 travel insurance
Take an on-arrival COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
Wait at the designated area within the airport for test results, which will be out within one to three hours.
Proceed to arrival immigration and present the following:
- Travel document
- Boarding pass
- Visa if required
- Return ticket
Stay in Malaysia
- Adhere to prevailing public health measures
- Activate MySejahtera app at all times
*Return tickets: applicable to all except PRs of Malaysia and long-term pass holders.