WHAT IS THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT?
The Butterfly Effect is a set of facilities and services catered specially to passengers with hidden disabilities such as autism at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and the klia2.
The Butterfly Effect is actually a theory depicting how a small change in one state can make a big difference at a later state. We believe that introducing autism friendly facilities is a start towards creating a better experience for our special guests.
Navigating through an airport can be a daunting experience for anyone, especially those with autism. As a Caring Host we want to ensure inclusivity where everyone can have a joyful experience at our airport.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN ENJOY THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT FACILITIES AND SERVICES
1. Click here to preregister before your visit and flight.
2. Proceed to the Airport CARE InfoCentre located at Level 5, Main Terminal Building, KLIA or Airport Information Counter located at Level 3, klia2 when you are travelling and pick-up the Butterfly Kit. Please remember to bring either an OKU card or a letter from any hospital or GP stating the hidden disability condition when collecting your Butterfly Kit which also includes the Butterfly Lanyard.
3. If you are an arriving passenger, please proceed to the Information Counter located near the Aerotrain stations at the Contact Pier to collect your Butterfly Kit.
4. Wear the Butterfly Lanyard at all times while at the airport. This way, you will be given access to all the priority lanes at the security, immigration and customs checkpoints.
5. You may keep your lanyard with you for your next visit to KLIA. However, please do register again at the Airport CARE InfoCentre each time you come.
ENJOY THE FACILITIES THAT WE SPECIALLY MADE AVAILABLE FOR YOU
There is a safe haven for you to calm and prepare yourself before the journey located at Level 5, Main Terminal Building, KLIA. Use the access code provided in your Butterfly Kit to enter the room. Parents are advised to accompany and supervise your child/charge in the calm room. Click here to view the locations of our Calm Room.
You will experience interactive sensory walls located at key touchpoints along your journey throughout KLIA. There are six sensory walls at KLIA Main Terminal and four at klia2 for you to enjoy. Click here to view the locations of our Sensory Walls.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: