17 August 2020
Authorities have recorded 286 people who flouted the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) and its standard operating procedures (SOP) on Sunday.
Senior Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob in a statement today said of the total, 44 had been remanded, while 242 others were slapped with compounds.
Among the offences include failure to provide entry logs and equipment at their premises with 34 cases, premises operating beyond stipulated time (four cases), not wearing face mask (35 cases) and activities which make adhering to physical distancing difficult (213 cases).
He said the task force on SOP compliance, led by the police, had conducted 64,802 inspections yesterday.
A total of 5,032 task force teams involving 16,259 personnel conducted checks nationwide.
“Checks were done at 4,057 supermarkets, 5,917 restaurants, 1,355 stalls, 1,602 factories, 3,563 banks, and 955 government offices,” he said, adding that the task force had inspected 1,448 land transport terminals; 322 water transport terminals, and 122 air transport terminals.
Ismail Sabri said police also mounted 53 ‘Op Benteng’ roadblocks nationwide on Sudnay and inspected 19,355 vehicles.
‘Op Benteng’ involves the Armed Forces, police, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, and the Malaysian Border Security Agency, to safeguard the country’s borders, eliminate cross-border crimes and prevent the spread of Covid-19.
He said the government would take stern action against those attempting to cross the border illegally or involving in the smuggling of illegal immigrants into the country.
On sanitisation, the senior minister said nine sanitisation operations were conducted on Sunday.
“They covered eight zones including two Yellow Zones and six Green Zones in four states, namely Sabah (four), Sarawak (three), Kedah (one) and Johor (one).
He added that since March 30, 9,639 sanitisation operations were conducted nationwide under the supervision of the Housing and Local Government Ministry, covering 134 zones.
On the returnees, he said, 12,063 Malaysians had come home via the Kuala Lumpur International Airport and klia2 since July 24.
He said all of them were placed at 61 hotels and five Public Training Institute in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negri Sembilan, Johor, Sarawak, Kelantan, Perak, Kedah and Labuan.
“Of the total, 43 were sent to the hospitals for treatment, while 4,886 were discharged and allowed to return to their homes.
He said the returnees were from 32 countries, namely the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, Qatar, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, United Arab Emirates, Japan, Turkey, South Korea, Iran, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Timor Leste, Taiwan, China, United Kingdom, Holland, Papua New Guinea, Egypt, Spain, France, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Ismail Sabri added the police had conducted home quarantine SOP inspection on 362 individuals to ensure compliance with the 14-day home quarantine at their respective homes.
“None of them have violated the quarantine SOP as stipulated by the Health Ministry.”
In the same statement, he said, the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) had inspected 10 construction sites nationwide.
“None of the construction sites that was found not complying with the SOP.”
On checks by the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry, Ismail Sabri said 706 business premises were inspected including retailers (526), wholesalers (150) and manufacturers (30).
“They also conducted 1,160 checks on the compliance of the SOPs. From this, three premises were given warnings for not adhering to the SOP.
“During RMCO, we urge business operators and the public to always practice physical distancing and observe personal hygiene, especially when they conduct their daily activities,” he said.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: