3 May 2019
As the nation gears up to open the economy on 4th May in the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), Malaysians who use public transportation to get to work will have to face new guidelines issued by the National Security Council (MKN).
- The bus capacity is limited to 50% only, taking into account social distancing between individuals at least 1 meter apart.
- There will be signs and stickers on the floors and seats outlining social distancing.
- All buses will be required to provide hand sanitizer inside the bus and passengers MUST use hand sanitizer every time they board and disembark.
- All passengers are required to wear face masks.
- Symptomatic passengers are not allowed to use bus service.
- Passengers are advised to make cashless ticket payments using Touch ‘n Go cards or monthly passes.
Rail Services- LRT, MRT, KL Monorail
- All the train and bus services operated by Prasarana such as LRT, MRT and KL Monorail will operate from 6.00am to 11.00pm daily.
- There will be temperature scans at all station entrances.
- All passengers are required to wear face masks while at the station and in the train.
- Use of hand sanitizer is highly encouraged and passengers can get it at every customer service counter, station concourse and platform.
- Peak hours are extended from 7.00am to 11.00am (morning) and 4.00pm to 7.00 pm (evening) for RapidKL services, including bus.
E-hailing & Taxi Services
- Maximum two passengers at one time.
- Passengers can only sit in the back seat.
- Must wear a face mask inside the vehicle.
- Symptomatic passengers are advised to not use taxi and e-hailing services.
- Passengers are advised to make payments online only.
- Drivers and passengers are also encouraged to use hand sanitizer before and after picking / dropping passengers or when passengers board/exit the vehicle.
All passengers using the public transportation services are advised to download and register themselves on the MySejahtera app.
— MAJLIS KESELAMATAN NEGARA JABATAN PERDANA MENTERI (@MKNJPM) May 3, 2020