4 November 2020
Malaysia registered 12 new Covid-19 deaths in Sabah, bringing the death toll to 263, with 1,054 new cases reported nationwide yesterday. The tally of infections rises to 34,393, including 10,135 active cases.
Health DG Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (picture) said of the new cases, 14 are imported, involving three Malaysians and 11 foreigners.
“Sabah recorded a total of 678 cases (64.3%) of the total daily positive cases, while states in the Klang Valley recorded 150 cases (14.2%).
“Of the total, 875 patients were declared recovered and discharged from hospitals, bringing the total number of recoveries to 23,995,” he said in his daily briefing yesterday.
Meanwhile, 94 cases are in intensive care units, with 32 requiring ventilator support.
Dr Noor Hisham said the Batu Cluster in Perak has also ended.
“As of Nov 3, a total of 1,174 people have been screened, of whom seven cases were positive for Covid-19, while the remaining 1,167 people were negative.
“The positivity rate for this cluster is 0.6%. No deaths reported in this cluster,” he added.
However, he said two new Covid-19 clusters have been recorded, namely “Cergas” in Seremban, Negri Sembilan, and “Permatang” in Kulim (Kedah) and Seberang Perai Tengah, Seberang Perai Utara and Timur Laut (Penang).
The Cergas cluster includes 12 positive cases, while eight positive cases were recorded in the Permatang cluster.
Following the increase in Covid-19 cases, the government has also decided to impose the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in Seremban from Nov 5 until Nov 18, 2020.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in his daily briefing that the CMCO would affect districts in Seremban, including Ampangan, Bandar Seremban, Labu, Rantau, Rasah, Setul, Pantai and Lenggeng.
“The standard operating procedures during this period will be the same as other CMCO in other areas like Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya and Sabah.
“This includes obtaining police permits for interstate travel, employers’ letter to go to work and only two persons allowed in a private vehicle to buy essential goods,” he said.
However, the Enhanced MCO (EMCO) in Lot 1/7A, 1/7B and 7/F Putra Point Nilai will remain the same as previously announced.
Meanwhile, the EMCO will be extended at Seberang Perai Prison and its staff quarters in Penang for another 14 days from Nov 5 until Nov 18.
The government decided to end the EMCO in five northern zone prisons and four prisons in Selangor.
As of Nov 2, a total of 385 people have returned to Malaysia through the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and KLIA2 entrances from Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, South Korea and the UK.
Meanwhile, 384 people have been quarantined and one person was taken to hospital for further treatment.
As for students who are undergoing practical training, Ismail Sabri said responsibilities lie with the companies they are attached to.
He added that employers also have the power to impose disciplinary action on staff who misuse the letter of release from duty.