- Maxis Promotions
- Schedule from KL Sentral to KLIA
- Service routes from KLIA to Malacca
- Gallery 5
- KLIA2 to be opened on June 28
- Work at KLIA2 98% done, should be...
- Gallery 1
- Schedule from KLIA to KL Sentral
- AirAsia Promotions
- Service routes from Malacca to LCCT
- AirAsia Baggage Info
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
- Bandar Tasik Selatan station
- Salak Tinggi station
- KLIA2 almost complete, to open by...
- Gallery 4
- Putrajaya & Cyberjaya station
- Check Taxi Fare
- A simple guide to Malaysia prepaid...
26 April 2013
Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) is expected to announce a new date for the opening of klia2, the new low-cost carrier terminal, today, said RHB Research Institute Sdn Bhd.
RHB Research and a few other research houses believe that klia2 may not be able to start operations by the June 28 target.
RHB Research said the completion of the new airport will be delayed, while CIMB Research said MAHB needs to run tests and checks before the commissioning of the airport.
However, MAHB maintains that the new RM4 billion LCCT will be completed on time and within specifications.
The airport operator is now in discussions with the contractors on the progress and quality of klia2, a person who has direct knowledge on the matter told Business Times recently.
Speaking on condition of anonimity, he said: "It is important to know that they (MAHB) do not rush the job because safety and quality of an airport has always been a priority for them all this while. More importantly, they have to make sure that potential major setbacks are taken care of before klia2 start operations," he added.
Earlier, MAHB chairman Tan Sri Dr Wan Abdul Aziz Wan Abdullah, after a shareholders meeting, said that the construction works on klia2 was 82 per cent completed and was on track to begin operations on June 28.
He added that there will be no cost overruns from the budgeted RM4 billion.
However, RHB Research questioned the duration of the delay and if there will be cost overruns.
"Compared against a scenario with the klia2 being operational on the first day of the financial year 2013, the delay would reduce our revenue forecast by four per cent in financial year 2013 and 2014 due to lower rental and passenger spend," it said.
CIMB Research, meanwhile, estimated that any delay would result in higher construction cost of around RM4.5 billion for the airport and lower commercial earnings for the airport operator.
"Even if the physical structure of the terminal is close to completion, there are still many operational issues and safety requirements to comply with prior to the opening of klia2," it said.
RHB Research has maintained its "buy" call on MAHB with a fair value of RM7.23.
The firm expects MAHB's earnings for the first quarter of its year ending December 31 2013 to be within expectations with a net profit of RM95 million on RM730 million revenue.
The airport operator's bottomline could be lower due to the higher user fee incurred, but its revenue is projected to rise on the back of higher passenger volume, which is up eight per cent year-on-year, and passenger spending.
Yesterday, its share price rose four sen to RM5.89.
- 19 Jun, 2013 Malaysia budget airport launch pushed to May 2014
- 19 Jun, 2013 UEM-Bina Puri JV will revisit LAD once job done
- 19 Jun, 2013 It's May 2014 now
- 19 Jun, 2013 MAHB sets May 2, 2014 as KLIA2 revised opening date
- 19 Jun, 2013 KLIA2 new launch date on May 2 next year
- 19 Jun, 2013 Delays in KLIA2 opening affecting AirAsia's expansion plans
- 18 Jun, 2013 MAHB imposes penalties on UEMC-BP
- 18 Jun, 2013 MAHB slaps claim on UEMC-Bina Puri JV
- 18 Jun, 2013 MAHB to impose penalties on UEMC-Bina Puri for KLIA2 delay
- 17 Jun, 2013 WCT to seek compensation from MAHB
- 14 Jun, 2013 AirAsia calls for independent probe in the delay
- 14 Jun, 2013 AirAsia: Reveal KLIA2's take-off date
- 11 Jun, 2013 Reveal KLIA2's delayed opening date, MAHB urged
- 08 Jun, 2013 KUB denies klia2 deal terminated
- 08 Jun, 2013 New KL budget terminal faces delay, cost overruns
- 07 Jun, 2013 Bashir to stay on for another year: MAHB
- 07 Jun, 2013 Opening of KLIA2 to boost Brahim's revenue
- 06 Jun, 2013 MAHB: Extensions granted but it says no justification for delay
- 06 Jun, 2013 No justification for any further extension of KLIA2: MAHB
- 06 Jun, 2013 No extension for KLIA2 contractors
- 06 Jun, 2013 Delay in KLIA2 overshadows MAHB's solid fundamental
- 06 Jun, 2013 KLIA2's cost may hit RM4.3b: Maybank IB
- 06 Jun, 2013 MAHB: KLIA2 delays due to insufficient resources
- 05 Jun, 2013 Bina Puri applies for time extension
- 05 Jun, 2013 MAHB sticks to stand on KLIA2 delay
- 05 Jun, 2013 AirAsia disappointed with KLIA2 delay
- 05 Jun, 2013 KLIA2 blame game, admission of delay not enough: Tony
- 05 Jun, 2013 Pua: MAHB must take responsibility for KLIA2 delay
- 05 Jun, 2013 AirAsia has Plan B on KLIA2 opening delay
- 04 Jun, 2013 KLIA2 may open in Q1 2014, says Alliance
- 03 Jun, 2013 Extensions, job scope delaying KLIA2
- 01 Jun, 2013 Bina Puri squeezed by tight margins
- 01 Jun, 2013 KLIA2 delay not our fault, say key contractors
- 31 May, 2013 Delays galore in KLIA2 opening
- 31 May, 2013 KUB not one of contractors behind KLIA2 delay
- 31 May, 2013 Too many chefs spoiling the broth?
- 30 May, 2013 Malaysia Airports takes KLIA2 contractors to task for delay
- 30 May, 2013 RHB Research maintains Buy on Malaysia Airports
- 27 May, 2013 Pakatan Rakyat calls for independent audit of KLIA2
- 27 May, 2013 Pakatan reps demand answers for latest 'indefinite' deadline
- 17 May, 2013 Malaysia Airports delays KLIA2 opening
- 16 May, 2013 Investing In Airports
- 16 May, 2013 WCT confident of meeting RM1.5b new jobs target for this year
- 14 May, 2013 Creating the perfect journey
- 14 May, 2013 KLIA2 opening to be delayed until fourth quarter of 2013
- 09 May, 2013 MAHB shares down on KLIA2 delay
- 08 May, 2013 KLIA2 may be delayed: MAHB
- 03 May, 2013 MAHB sticks to June 28 target for KLIA2
- 02 May, 2013 Despite delays, MAHB sees bright future
- 30 Apr, 2013 KLIA2 opening likely delayed to January 2014
- 29 Apr, 2013 Research houses have mixed view over MAHB
- 27 Apr, 2013 Higher construction revenue boosts MAHB profit, revenue
- 26 Apr, 2013 Possibility of delay in KLIA2 completion
- 26 Apr, 2013 MAHB expected to delay opening of new LCCT
- 19 Apr, 2013 Opening of KLIA2 must be glitch-free
- 08 Apr, 2013 High traffic growth a boon to local aviation sector
- 04 Apr, 2013 AirAsia X looks forward to moving its ops to new airport
- 17 Apr, 2013 CIMB sees delay for KLIA2
- 17 Apr, 2013 504 auxiliary cops for KLIA2
- 28 Mar, 2013 KLIA2 on target to open in June
- 19 Mar, 2013 Economy to be driven by large infrastructure projects
- 18 Mar, 2013 KLIA2 to be operational by early June
- 07 Mar, 2013 KLIA2 terminal building 80 percent completed
- 23 Feb, 2013 KLIA2 to be ready by May despite deferred opening
- 24 Jan, 2013 Efforts underway to correct tourist arrivals receipt imbalance
- 18 Jan, 2013 Azran: KLIA2 will be significant boost to AirAsia X
- 18 Jan, 2013 Coming of age for Eraman Malaysia with diverse KLIA2 offer
- 17 Jan, 2013 Malaysia Airports launches own airport hotel brand Sama-Sama
- 15 Jan, 2013 LS travel retail ASPAC opens KLIA stores
- 05 Jan, 2013 KLIA2 to be opened on June 28
- 04 Jan, 2013 A tale of two airlines
- 02 Jan, 2013 AirAsia ready for KLIA2