- AirAsia Promotions
- Maxis Promotions
- KLIA2 to be opened on June 28
- Schedule from KL Sentral to KLIA
- Gallery 1 of design photos
- Service routes from KLIA to Malacca
- Gallery 7 of construction photos
- KLIA2 almost complete, to open by...
- Gallery 10 of construction photos
- Gallery 9 of construction photos
- Summary of KLIA2 shops
- Gallery 2 of design photos
- Gallery 5 of construction photos
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
- Gallery 11 of construction photos
- Schedule from KLIA to KL Sentral
- KLIA-KLIA2 railway line ready
- Gallery 3 (Gateway@KLIA2)
- Check Taxi Fare
23 February 2012
Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) will be calling for a second tender briefing for the KLIA2 for 39 lots comprising retail, food and beverages (F&B) and services categories on Feb 29 and March 6 respectively, at the Pan Pacific Hotel KLIA.
Tender documents can be purchased from Feb 29-March 27 while the tender submission deadline for the lots is 3pm on Apr 3.
MAHB senior general manager, Commercial Services, Faizah Khairuddin said the concessionaires for 225 lots at the klia2 would be announced by July this year.
"Everything has to be ready for operations by April 2013," she told reporters after the klia2 update briefing here Wednesday.
She said there would be three phases of the tender briefing, with the first having involved 27 outlets.
KLIA2 has a total retail space of 35,200sq m on offer.
Faizah said the commercial allocation at the klia2 was much bigger than that at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
It has also been reported that the commercial space at the klia2 even more compared to Singapore's Changi International Airport and the Hong Kong International Airport.
At the KLIA, the commercial capacity, is at five per cent of the total terminal size of 500,000 square metres.
Expecting a higher passenger flow and more commercial offerings at KLIA2, Faizah said these two factors would be the drivers for higher spending per person.
"We expect RM40 per person at klia2 compared to the RM22 at the current Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT)," she added.
MAHB also expects annual sales of RM1.6 billion in five years' time, judging from 30 million passengers expected to fly via KLIA2.
Of the 225 outlet offerings, 118 have been allocated for retail, 81 for F&B and 26 for services.
More information on the klia2 tender briefing is available at www.klia2retail.com.my. - Bernama