- AirAsia Promotions
- Maxis Promotions
- Schedule from KL Sentral to KLIA
- Gallery 5
- Service routes from KLIA to Malacca
- KLIA2 to be opened on June 28
- Gallery 1
- Work at KLIA2 98% done, should be...
- Schedule from KLIA to KL Sentral
- AirAsia Baggage Info
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
- Gallery 4
- KLIA2 almost complete, to open by...
- Service routes from Malacca to LCCT
- Salak Tinggi station
- Putrajaya & Cyberjaya station
- Bandar Tasik Selatan station
- Check Taxi Fare
- A simple guide to Malaysia prepaid...
6 November 2012
Almost there: Syed Hamid (left) inspecting the ERL line extension project
during a site visit to KLIA2. Accompanying him are Noormah and Azmi.
High-speed train service operator, Express Rail Link (ERL), expects the 2.14 KM line extension from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) to be completed by end-March next year.
"The project is 73.33 per cent complete as of Oct 31 this year. The commercial services would commence together with KLIA2 in May next year," its Chief Executive Officer Noormah Mohd Noor told a media briefing on the ERL extension to KLIA2 here today.
The ERL expects the line extension to increase passengers by 40 per cent, translating into 60 per cent additional revenue yearly.It currently handles over 5.3 million passengers.
Noormah said the company was trying to woo new passengers who were using taxis as a medium of transport to the present low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT), which costs a higher fare of between RM80 and RM90, as compared with the ERL's RM35 and additional RM2 for inter-terminal fare.
"Currently, we record 1,300 passengers per day travelling via our KLIA Transit from KL Sentral to LCCT. We also provide buses from Salak Tinggi-KLIA transit station to LCCT," she said.
To avoid confusion among passengers, Noormah said both KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit would operate at the same platform, which is at the current KLIA Ekspres platform in KLIA, and would be the same for KLIA2.
The journey time between KLIA and KLIA2 would take three minutes and would take 33 minutes to travel between KL Sentral and KLIA2, via the KLIA Ekspres and 39 minutes via KLIA Transit.
- 28 Dec, 2012 MARC: Integrated complex near KLIA2 gets 53% tenancy commitment
- 06 Dec, 2012 Brahim's expects to boost revenue by RM200m in 2013
- 27 Nov, 2012 Brahim's wins tender for premium food court and fast food outlet
- 27 Nov, 2012 Hard landing for Malaysia Airports
- 25 Nov, 2012 AirAsia offers low fare deals to celebrate 11th anniversary
- 20 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 to be profitable in first year
- 17 Nov, 2012 Prospects of new airline
- 16 Nov, 2012 Malindo and Lion to absorb 600 unemployed pilots
- 16 Nov, 2012 Existing Tune Hotel in LCCT to be closed once it opens new one
- 16 Nov, 2012 Lion goes regional with Malindo
- 07 Nov, 2012 Nuance-Watson Asia eager to grasp KLIA2 opportunity
- 07 Nov, 2012 ERL extension on track to KLIA2
- 07 Nov, 2012 ERLSB may consider IPO if awarded high-speed rail contract
- 06 Nov, 2012 ERL extension to KLIA2 to be completed next March
- 06 Nov, 2012 Final batches of KLIA2 awards presented
- 06 Nov, 2012 Malindo Air to take off earlier
- 06 Nov, 2012 Powerful mix of local and international operators marks KLIA2
- 05 Nov, 2012 Malindo, Firefly expected to operate out of KLIA2
- 05 Nov, 2012 AirAsia X says KLIA2 switch will make it stronger
- 05 Nov, 2012 Latest batch of klia2 tender awards see strong local presence
- 03 Nov, 2012 Five-hour sale to mark AirAsia X's fifth birthday
- 03 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 expects 20 million passengers in first year
- 02 Nov, 2012 Malindo Airways recruitment drive gets overwhelming response
- 02 Nov, 2012 Malindo Air - a ray of hope for unemployed pilots
- 02 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 ready to attract over half of low-cost carriers worldwide
- 01 Nov, 2012 Biz as usual at Tune Hotels KLIA-LCCT for now
- 30 Oct, 2012 Mudajaya to build a Tune Hotel at KLIA2
- 27 Oct, 2012 YTL embarks on new phase
- 24 Oct, 2012 AirAsia still wants service level agreement from MAHB
- 23 Oct, 2012 AirAsia in talks with MAHB on KLIA2 terms
- 22 Oct, 2012 KLIA2 gets AirAsia nod
- 22 Oct, 2012 AirAsia supremo Tony Fernandes finally says Yes to KLIA2
- 09 Oct, 2012 KLIA2 ahead of schedule, ready by April
- 08 Oct, 2012 Area expansion, infrastructure factors adding to KLIA2 price
- 08 Oct, 2012 AirAsia keeps option open on KLIA2 switch
- 21 Sep, 2012 Nurul Izzah wants audit over air traffic control flop
- 13 Sep, 2012 AirAsia share price dips
- 13 Sep, 2012 AirAsia, MAHB working hard to ensure KLIA2 a success
- 13 Sep, 2012 KLIA2 to host 10 airlines for a start
- 12 Sep, 2012 Malindo Airways to take off in May 2013
- 12 Sep, 2012 Malindo Airways will start Malaysia-Indonesia routes in May
- 12 Sep, 2012 Nadi, Lion Air to launch new LCC
- 11 Sep, 2012 Malaysia' Nadi, Indonesia's Lion Air in low-cost carrier JV
- 08 Sep, 2012 Eye on Stock: WCT Bhd
- 05 Sep, 2012 Malaysia Airports announces first wave of klia2 concession award
- 30 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 opening to boost air traffic
- 29 Jul, 2012 MAHB says charges remain but won't put it in black and white
- 28 Jul, 2012 Airport charges won't be any more taxing
- 28 Jul, 2012 MAHB posts higher Q2 earnings on improved passenger traffic
- 27 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 cost expected to remain at RM4 billion
- 17 Jul, 2012 Construction of KLIA2 to accommodate increase in passengers
- 17 Jul, 2012 New low-cost carrier terminal "bigger and better"
- 14 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 timeliness necessary to cool tension
- 08 Jul, 2012 Work together to complete KLIA2
- 06 Jul, 2012 No reason for KLIA2 to cost RM5b, say sources
- 06 Jul, 2012 No reason for KLIA2 to cost RM5 billion
- 04 Jul, 2012 Time is running out, Tony Fernandes tells MAHB
- 29 Jun, 2012 KLIA handled 16m passengers in Jan-May 2012