- Maxis Promotions
- Schedule from KL Sentral to KLIA
- Gallery 5
- Service routes from KLIA to Malacca
- KLIA2 to be opened on June 28
- Gallery 1
- Work at KLIA2 98% done, should be...
- Schedule from KLIA to KL Sentral
- AirAsia Promotions
- Service routes from Malacca to LCCT
- Salak Tinggi station
- AirAsia Baggage Info
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
- Putrajaya & Cyberjaya station
- KLIA2 almost complete, to open by...
- Bandar Tasik Selatan station
- Gallery 4
- Check Taxi Fare
- A simple guide to Malaysia prepaid...
7 November 2012
Almost there: Syed Hamid (left) inspecting the ERL line extension project
during a site visit to KLIA2. Accompanying him are Noormah and Azmi.
Work to extend the Express Rail Link (ERL) to the new Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (KLIA2) is on target and is expected to be completed by the end of March, said ERL Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Noormah Mohd Noor.
She said as at October, work to extend the line and services from the KL International Airport (KLIA) to KLIA2 was 73% complete.
The project, which began in July last year, involves a 2.14km line extension.
Commercial services are expected to commence on May 1 to coincide with the opening of the new terminal.
"The work is on track and everything is progressing well. The track is 95% complete," she said at a press conference after a site visit to KLIA2 yesterday by Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar.
Also present were Malaysia Airports Bhd senior general manager Datuk Azmi Murad and ERL Maintenance Support Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Thomas Baake.
Passengers travelling from KL Sentral to KLIA via ERL's high-speed train (KLIA Ekspres) and its commuter service (KLIA Transit) would not incur additional cost if they chose to extend their route to KLIA2.
"However, those shuttling between terminals would have to pay RM2," Noormah said.
Works, she added, were also underway to create a common platform at both terminals for KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit passengers for better convenience.
"The journey from KL Sentral to KLIA2 will take 33 minutes via the express train and 39 minutes with the commuter service.
"The new line extension is expected to increase our ridership by 40%," she said, adding that their total passenger load for this year was about 5.3 million.
The ERL station at KLIA2 will be located within the terminal's integrated complex and includes, among others, a 230m-long platform, escalators, boarding and exit gates and a concourse area with ticketing and operational offices.
- 28 Dec, 2012 MARC: Integrated complex near KLIA2 gets 53% tenancy commitment
- 06 Dec, 2012 Brahim's expects to boost revenue by RM200m in 2013
- 27 Nov, 2012 Brahim's wins tender for premium food court and fast food outlet
- 27 Nov, 2012 Hard landing for Malaysia Airports
- 25 Nov, 2012 AirAsia offers low fare deals to celebrate 11th anniversary
- 20 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 to be profitable in first year
- 17 Nov, 2012 Prospects of new airline
- 16 Nov, 2012 Malindo and Lion to absorb 600 unemployed pilots
- 16 Nov, 2012 Existing Tune Hotel in LCCT to be closed once it opens new one
- 16 Nov, 2012 Lion goes regional with Malindo
- 07 Nov, 2012 Nuance-Watson Asia eager to grasp KLIA2 opportunity
- 07 Nov, 2012 ERL extension on track to KLIA2
- 07 Nov, 2012 ERLSB may consider IPO if awarded high-speed rail contract
- 06 Nov, 2012 ERL extension to KLIA2 to be completed next March
- 06 Nov, 2012 Final batches of KLIA2 awards presented
- 06 Nov, 2012 Malindo Air to take off earlier
- 06 Nov, 2012 Powerful mix of local and international operators marks KLIA2
- 05 Nov, 2012 Malindo, Firefly expected to operate out of KLIA2
- 05 Nov, 2012 AirAsia X says KLIA2 switch will make it stronger
- 05 Nov, 2012 Latest batch of klia2 tender awards see strong local presence
- 03 Nov, 2012 Five-hour sale to mark AirAsia X's fifth birthday
- 03 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 expects 20 million passengers in first year
- 02 Nov, 2012 Malindo Airways recruitment drive gets overwhelming response
- 02 Nov, 2012 Malindo Air - a ray of hope for unemployed pilots
- 02 Nov, 2012 KLIA2 ready to attract over half of low-cost carriers worldwide
- 01 Nov, 2012 Biz as usual at Tune Hotels KLIA-LCCT for now
- 30 Oct, 2012 Mudajaya to build a Tune Hotel at KLIA2
- 27 Oct, 2012 YTL embarks on new phase
- 24 Oct, 2012 AirAsia still wants service level agreement from MAHB
- 23 Oct, 2012 AirAsia in talks with MAHB on KLIA2 terms
- 22 Oct, 2012 KLIA2 gets AirAsia nod
- 22 Oct, 2012 AirAsia supremo Tony Fernandes finally says Yes to KLIA2
- 09 Oct, 2012 KLIA2 ahead of schedule, ready by April
- 08 Oct, 2012 Area expansion, infrastructure factors adding to KLIA2 price
- 08 Oct, 2012 AirAsia keeps option open on KLIA2 switch
- 21 Sep, 2012 Nurul Izzah wants audit over air traffic control flop
- 13 Sep, 2012 AirAsia share price dips
- 13 Sep, 2012 AirAsia, MAHB working hard to ensure KLIA2 a success
- 13 Sep, 2012 KLIA2 to host 10 airlines for a start
- 12 Sep, 2012 Malindo Airways to take off in May 2013
- 12 Sep, 2012 Malindo Airways will start Malaysia-Indonesia routes in May
- 12 Sep, 2012 Nadi, Lion Air to launch new LCC
- 11 Sep, 2012 Malaysia' Nadi, Indonesia's Lion Air in low-cost carrier JV
- 08 Sep, 2012 Eye on Stock: WCT Bhd
- 05 Sep, 2012 Malaysia Airports announces first wave of klia2 concession award
- 30 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 opening to boost air traffic
- 29 Jul, 2012 MAHB says charges remain but won't put it in black and white
- 28 Jul, 2012 Airport charges won't be any more taxing
- 28 Jul, 2012 MAHB posts higher Q2 earnings on improved passenger traffic
- 27 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 cost expected to remain at RM4 billion
- 17 Jul, 2012 Construction of KLIA2 to accommodate increase in passengers
- 17 Jul, 2012 New low-cost carrier terminal "bigger and better"
- 14 Jul, 2012 KLIA2 timeliness necessary to cool tension
- 08 Jul, 2012 Work together to complete KLIA2
- 06 Jul, 2012 No reason for KLIA2 to cost RM5b, say sources
- 06 Jul, 2012 No reason for KLIA2 to cost RM5 billion
- 04 Jul, 2012 Time is running out, Tony Fernandes tells MAHB
- 29 Jun, 2012 KLIA handled 16m passengers in Jan-May 2012